St. Charles, Ill. — The worldwide industrial connector market grew 9.1 percent in 2008, reaching $5.3 billion, according to a new report from Bishop & Associates Inc. The biggest growth regions include China, Japan and the Europe.
This $5 billion market is highly fragmented, offering high margin niche opportunities to small and mid-size companies, said Bishop & Associates.
A key finding of the report, World Industrial Market for Connectors, reveals that Europe holds the largest share at 39 percent followed by North America at 27 percent. The report covers the following industrial markets:
- Production, Process & Manufacturing Machinery
- Heavy Industry Machinery
- Energy Generation & Distribution Equipment
- Farming, Forestry & Agricultural Equipment
- Environmental Technologies
- Building & Civil Engineering
- Industrial & Process Control Equipment, Networking & Automation
- Other Equipment