Myrtle Beach, S.C. — AVX Corp. has developed application-specific multilayer varistors for automotive, industrial, military, mobile handset, telecommunication, heavy equipment, appliance, and consumer product applications.
AVX application specific multilayer varistor series include the following:
- CAN Series is designed to protect a controlled area network (CAN)
- USB Series is the low cap version of the traditional TransGuard and is designed to protect a universal serial bus (USB)
- Medium Power Telecom Series provides an effective alternative to metal oxide varistors (MOVs) 60 Vrms to 90 Vrms
- Medium Power Automotive Series offer high energy ratings suited to protect against automotive related transients
- StaticGuard protects against electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- AntennaGuard is a low cap series designed to protect antennas and other circuits with high data rate speeds
- UltraGuard has low leakage for protection of battery-powered applications
Custom varistors are available if the design requires specific performance and environmental characteristics not available in the standard product offering.