IBS Electronics lists the benefits that certified independent distributors can offer purchasing professionals as they strengthen their supply chain via value added services
Finding stock and meeting delivery timeframe requirements is often an increasing challenge for purchasing professionals, given the market conditions. Now, more than ever, is the time for manufacturers to explore reinventing their supply chains. By expanding vendors and adopting independent distributors into supply chains, purchasing professionals should recognize those who can provide the maximum value.
Here are a few ways independent distributors—like IBS Electronics, an ISO:9001:2015, AS9120B and AS6081 certified distributor—can provide maximum value to purchasing professionals.
- Multi-source strategies to meet demand
- Quality management systems and certifications are defining industry-leading counterfeit and risk mitigation
- Know-how and testing capabilities ensure performance and authenticity in the event of open-market sourcing
- Inventory management allows pull-ins and pushouts as needed
- Consolidating market stock available and delivering on time
- Data and reporting on market insights, enabling more intelligent purchasing strategies
- Alternative parts proposals to find drop-in-replacements or minimal re-designs
- BoM analysis becoming a seamless extension of the manufacturer’s purchasing team
- Engineering and design support
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to market conditions
The best independent distributors can do much more than supply a part: they strengthen supply chain resiliency by delivering incomparable value-added services buyers may not have considered, easing the pressure on procurement success and helping purchasing professionals meet their performance targets.