TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity, today announced the extension of the Industrial Mini I/O connector portfolio with a Field Installable version. The Mini I/O Field Installable version provides innovative and time-saving wire-termination alongside serving as a space saving and reliable I/O solution for industrial environments.
TE’s Industrial Mini I/O solution is only one quarter the size of the conventional RJ45 plug and as a result, provides space saving and the flexibility to use limited space on the PCB more effectively. Designed with two points of contact, this connector is built for the stringent demands of an industrial and high vibration environment, enabling increased productivity through a reliable connection. With its innovative piercing termination, the Mini I/O Field Installable version decreases the time usually needed to terminate the wires through soldering and with an easy to use hand tool, the field assembly in virtually any environment is now possible.
The key benefits of the Mini I/O Field Installable version are:
- Innovative and time-saving wire-termination
- Reliable connections in industrial and vibration-prone environments
- Space saving solution that allows for increased design flexibility
- Available in different versions for multiple applications
- Intermateable with receptacles in different configurations (TMT, SMT, right and straight angle)
Eric Leijtens, Product Management lead Field Connectivity: “We are excited to extend our Industrial Mini I/O connector range to now include a Field Installable version that brings the space saving and reliability to applications where quick and easy installation is key.”