Want to make the most of your editorial?
Our editorial team is always on the lookout for purchasing related articles and would welcome your submissions for free.
Our readers love interesting and informative editorials and are always keen to be informed on What to buy, Where to buy & How to buy electronic components.
In order to make the editorial process as smooth as possible, we have put together some handy guides which should help you provide us with some great editorial.
Please find links below which will direct you to the most relevant page guides:
What to buy:
Where to buy:
How to buy:
There are 3 key rules that must be taken in to consideration when supplying editorial:
1) Purchasing focussed: Our readers are non-technical purchasing professionals employed at electronics OEMs. They are involved in purchasing components and outsourcing their companies’ manufacturing contracts, then managing the commercial relationships. Thus, the article subject should be non-technical and purchasing related.
2) Impartial: The article should be impartial and subject focussed. Not a direct sales pitch.
3) Educational: Electronics Sourcing’s articles are designed to be educational, helping purchasers make better buying decisions.
To start the creative process, a ‘gold standard’ article for Electronics Sourcing would answer the following questions:
- What trends are impacting your industry now and in the near future (opportunities and challenges)?
- How are these trends impact purchasers?
- What should purchasers do to respond to these trends?
- What are your company’s plans regarding these trends?
To ensure you provide us with the correct information, please make sure you supply your editorial in the following way:
- Double Page Spread – 1,000 words + 6 pictures
- Page and a Half – 720 words + 4 pictures
- Full Page – 525 words + 3 pictures
- Half Page – 225 words + 2 pictures
- Quarter Page – 150 words + 1 picture
Please note: All images must have a resolution of 300 dpi and be supplied with captions. Company logos cannot be used as images with editorial content and contributors must also hold the copyrights to use any images provided.
In addition to the features for each issue we also have a list of themes that are to be used as a starting point for your editorial submission.
- Obsolescence management
- Pricing trends
- Anti-counterfeiting processes
- Conflict minerals management
- Cost reduction
- Vendor reduction
- Preferred supplier management
- Component identification
- Time to market
- Industrial standards
- Purchasing strategies
- Minimum order quantities
- Product packaging
- Buyers’ guides
- Design for purchasing
- Disaster recovery
This list is not exhaustive; if you have another theme that you would like to hinge your editorial on please do confirm this with the production team prior to submission.
If you require further information please call UK: +44 (0)1892 613400 / US: +1 866 364 0951 or email our digital editor Thomas G E Smart – email@example.com