Littelfuse, Inc. a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing, today announced a new series of 50 A unidirectional TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). Compared to solutions currently available on the market, the SP1250-01ETG 50 A unidirectional TVS diode arrays provides superior protection via lower clamping voltage and low leakage current, all in a PCB space-saving footprint.
Typical markets and applications for the SP1250-01ETG include:
- Consumer electronics – desktops, servers, and notebooks
- Computer peripherals
- Medical equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals
- Test equipment / instrumentation
- Portable battery
The SP1250 discrete unidirectional TVS diode array is fabricated in a proprietary silicon avalanche technology. These diode arrays provide high ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection for consumer electronic equipment. The SP1250 safely absorbs repetitive ESD strikes of ±30 kV (contact and air discharge as defined in IEC 61000-4-2) without any performance degradation. Each device can dissipate up to 50 A 8/20 μs surge event.
“Incorporating the SP1250 in your consumer electronics design provides ultra-strong ESD suppression and excellent surge protection for the product’s power lines, even in harsh environments,” said Jia Zhu, Product Manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). “This design choice will result in both high reliability and longer operating life for end users.”
The SP1250-01ETG series TVS diode arrays offer these key benefits:
- Robust protection against electrical threats due to its high surge capability (50 A, tP=8/20 μs) and low clamping performance (8.7V; TYP, Ipp=50 A).
- Extended operating life resulting from low leakage current, 0.02 μA (TYP) at 5 V.
- Easy mounting in small PCB spaces with a compact SOD-882 DFN package (0402 footprint).
- Highly reliable performance as an AEC-Q101 qualiﬁed solution.
The SP1250-01ETG series is provided in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com