The ODU MINI-SNAP® portfolio includes inserts that are specifically designed to comply with the levels of user and patient protection prescribed in the IEC Standard IEC 60601-1 (2 MOOP / 2 MOPP) – making them the first choice for anyone looking for a circular connector with a metal housing for medical applications.
Approval procedures to comply with IEC 60601-1 for electrical medical systems are highly complex.
So, involving ODU in the design-in process from the outset can both lower development costs and significantly simplify the risk management process.
Furthermore, lengthy approval procedures can be fast-tracked when components are already fully compliant with IEC 60601-1 upon delivery – yet another benefit of this connector.
- Robust metal housing
- Advanced electromagnetic shielding capabilities
- High mechanical strength
- Available in 3 sizes with a wide range of configuration options
- Reverse-gender use possible
- Up to 500 autoclaving cycles
- Rated at 7A
- Customized cable assemblies, with or without silicone over-moulding
Also, a white paper on IEC60601-1 is available: https://www.odu-uk.co.uk/downloads/whitepapers/