Provides single-chip protection, control, and sensing features ideal for 5V-28V applications.
Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, announced the latest release of four versatile circuit protection devices in the eFuse Protection ICs product line.
The latest eFuse Protection ICs utilize an innovative design ideal for a wide range of power inputs (3.3V to 28V) with highly integrated protection. These semiconductor-based electronic fuses provide robust overvoltage, overcurrent, short circuit, and inrush current protection. Additional features include reverse current blocking, under voltage lockout (UVLO), soft start, and overtemperature protection with real-time diagnostics—all in one compact chip. View the video.
The latest eFuse Protection ICs are ideal for use in a wide range of electronics designs, including:
| 5V Applications
USB Type-C cables
Internet of Things (IoT)
USB Type-C PD
“The expanded eFuse Protection ICs product line delivers clear performance advantages for electronics designers,” said Bernie Hsieh, Assistant Product Manager of the Protection Semiconductor Business team at Littelfuse. “Compared to traditional fuse, PTCs, power switches, and discrete solutions like Schottky diode and MOSFET combinations, the eFuses provide exceptional integration, adjustability, flexibility, and reliable protection features in highly compact form factors that save PC board space.”
The eFuse Protection ICs offer the following key benefits:
- Accuracy and integration – Provide faster response time, highly accurate current limiting, and more integrated protection, control, and sensing features than traditional fuses and PTCs.
- Programmable and customized, designed to user request – Incorporates more flexibility including adjustable overvoltage threshold, current limiting, and inrush current, along with accurate reverse current blocking compared to conventional power switches.
- Speeds up time-to-market – Reduces the design-in phase, printed circuit board (PCB) space requirements, BOM cost, and time-to-market in comparison to typical discrete solutions (e.g., hot-swap controller + MOSFET).
- Maximize Equipment Uptime – Improves product reliability, increases battery life, lowers repair costs, and lengthens overall product lifetime.
The latest additions to the eFuse Protection ICs are available in the following series:
- LS0504EDD12 – 5V, 4A, low Ron power distribution load switch, DFN1.2×1.6 package
- LS12052BD33 – 18V, 5A, overvoltage and blocking FET control, DFN2x2 package
- LS2405IDD23 – 24V, 5A, very low forward voltage diode, low profile 8 lead DFN 2×3 package
- LS24062RQ23 – 28V, 6A, bidirectional, dual port independent current limit setting, 16 lead QFN 2.5×3.2 package
The eFuse Protection ICs are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000 (LS2405IDD23, LS0504EDD12) or 5,000 (LS12052BD33, LS24062RQ23). Place sample requests through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information on the latest series release is available on the eFuse Protection ICs product page. For technical questions, please contact Bernie Hsieh, Assistant Product Manager, Protection Semiconductor Business, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Littelfuse is a diversified, industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world. Across more than 20 countries, and with approximately 18,000 global associates, we partner with customers to design and deliver innovative, reliable solutions. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in a variety of industrial, transportation, and electronics end markets—everywhere, every day. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, United States, Littelfuse was founded in 1927. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.