As we all know, threats to cyber security are all too common these days, and sadly we can all think of examples where security weaknesses in Embedded Industrial Systems have been exposed.
What many engineers don’t know is that there’s an excellent solution to improve cyber security in an embedded system.
- Require ‘cyber robust’ removable memory devices for applications that include the transfer of passwords (or other data needed for user authentication purposes)
- Need physical transfer of security keys, certificates, sensitive data or system configuration files.
At the heart of all devices in the CryptoAuthentication line of memory tokens is a Microchip CryptoAuthentication high-security hardware IC.
Its features include:
- A unique and non-changeable 72-bit serial number (set by Microchip)
- A 512bit one-time programmable (OTP) zone
- A random number generator
- A SHA-256 hash algorithm for data encryption.
Datakey CryptoAuthentication tokens combine form and function; silicon geared for high security applications with a unique form factor that brings physical security. All with its own range of connectors and the ability to be used in harsh environments.
We’re not surprised.
However, you most likely want to get your hands on the product and understand how it could work to improve the security in your embedded system and a CryptoAuthentication Development Kit allows you to do just that.
Right now, we are making it really easy by giving you a chance to win one of these excellent Development Kits for you or your colleagues. We have several kits waiting for a winner!
If you want to reduce the risk of cloning, detect tampering and thwart cyber attacks, then please follow the link to find out more